Monday, September 2, 2013

Batty Brews

So, at work today, (remember, I work at a hospital) I had the Batty Rap song in my head all day. Imagine someone going through a busy medical building singing



I been brain-fried, electrified, infected and injectified,
Vivosectified... and fed pesticides...



They used and abused me,
Battered and bruised me,

Red wires green wires, stuck em' right through me...




Maybe you need a visual. Whether you do or not, here's this:


Of course, I've had the song in my collection for ages. Along with Toxic Love by Tim Curry and If I'm Gonna Eat Somebody by Tone Loc.

Nice! I just discovered that Batty Rap and Toxic Love were written by Thomas Dolby, who did the well-known 80s hit "Blinded Me With Science." AND If I'm Gonna Eat Somebody was co-written by none other than my man, Mr. Jimmy Buffett. I would've guessed Dolby did that last song. I love discovering stuff like this.

In other news... a coworker friend told me Octoberfest brews are starting to surface. I have much excitement. And he named off several more brewing companies that make the stuff than I ever knew of. I knew of Sam Adams and Leinenkugels. Apparently there are many many more, and they're available to me. But I'll especially keep an eye out for an Octoberfest homebrew that a local bar has.

Cheers, loves.

P.S. Angela didn't make it through. Still very supportive of her and hoping she'll make a career out of the talent she's set aside for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment