Sunday, September 22, 2013

Venturing Social-Lite

Looking forward to my upcoming "vacation." While it's not tropical or city life or a place with a spectacular scenic view, it's a trip away. Taking my mother and son to see out-of-state family. Roadtrip time.




^If my child were about 4 years younger, this would be perfect^

The 'to' trip will be the same as last time, which I enjoyed. Part of it is nothing but two 2-lane bridges over miles of swamp. I drove last time, and likely will this time, which took and takes away from my enjoying visually. But I kept glancing at the murky water under us between the dense vegetation, seeing occasional ripples, thinking "was that a gator?" Then imagining my split-second peek sending us off the bridge and into said gator-inhabited water.

Recently got the new Arctic Monkeys album AM. First time I've heard their music, and I really like it. Good beat, good sound.

My days currently consist of cleaning (work), cleaning (home), rum & cola, and TV shows. I know what I'm missing but haven't had much luck in filling the void. It was filled at one point, briefly, but then it was gone.

"I think the downside these days is thinking that, "I can do this all on my own." Yes, you can do this all on your own, but you'll be a much happier human being to do it with other human beings, and I can guarantee you that." -Mick Fleetwood

"Loneliness leads to nothing good, only detachment. And sometimes the people who most need to reach out are the people least capable of it."

No comments:

Post a Comment