Sunday, September 15, 2013

Something Old, Something New

As an occasional pause from Breaking Bad (I'm on s4e9... Mike is awesome), I've been watching Space Ghost. If you're saying "the cartoon from '66!?" you would be correct. I watched it as a kid - reruns, apparently - quite a bit.

Had the weekend off. Other than Friday, it was rather flat. Friday included the last of the season's outdoor music events and a firepit after. Much beer. Good company. Fun.

By the way... Having watched four and a half seasons of Breaking Bad... This is still one of the best scenes:


I had seen previews for new episodes or seasons occasionally on AMC while visiting my mom throughout the past few years. Just looked like a show about a badass who sold meth. Over time I'm told a bit more, that he's a chemistry teacher who has cancer. Anyway, as I said, he looked like a hardened tough guy that you didn't want to mess with. I start watching and am introduced to this nervous, almost wimpy fellow that takes crap from... everyone. Not what I expected. But I've enjoyed watching his transformation. Especially with scenes like the above. And what completes this scene is him calmly walking away from the busted building - his doing - with a bag of cash and a nosebleed (from the pressure of the explosion).

But the actor himself, Bryan Cranston, seems to have a fantastic sense of humor. Like walking around Comic Con this year in a mask of his own character? Then unmasking at the Breaking Bad panel? Brilliant. And the BB gag reels are great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment