Friday, November 2, 2012

Post Octo-Blog

Last night was Halloween. I worked. And was almost completely musically unprepared for my evening of paid cleaning. All I had was The Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack. I used to have Nightmare Revisited, which is very very excellent, but I think what I wanted most was a version of "I Put A Spell On You." I had CCR's version, and I would have liked to have had Marilyn Manson's version, but the one I really wanted was the Better Midler version. Say what you will about the woman, she did that song fan-f'king-tastically in the movie Hocus Pocus.

Alright, so I'm acquiring the Manson version, along with Nightmare Revisited, but the one I really want is proving to be hard to get. Gaah.

Still listening to Volbeat. Quite drawn to them for some reason.

Munching on baby dill pickles. So yummy.

Need drink refill. Hold please.

Back. And... YES!! I got it!


Victory dance!


I now have the Bette Midler version. Although... the audio is sadly lacking... perhaps it requires the visual version to make it 110% great.

This is one of my most favorite Halloween movies, if not my favorite of all. Like I say about most things I love, it's the humor in it that makes it great. Like the "burning rain of death" scene.

And, of course, when the three sister witches are lured into the oven by the learn-to-speak-French tape, they eventually exit, after being baked, with the eldest (Bette) saying, "Hello. I want my book. Bonjour. Je veux mon livre."

Here's the great scene. My thought process is getting sluggish, so I'll take my leave.
(I think my mom positively identified the greatness contributor long ago... just watch the way Bette Midler works her hands during the whole scene.) And Kathy Najimy's random rabbit ears at 1:23.

"Dance, dance, dance, until you die! Ah hahahahaha!"

 Sad to see October end. It could have been so much better than it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment