Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fabricating Salvation

Lost the rubber tip of my left earbud tonight, mid-shift. I wasn't happy. Got my Volbeat in, but not Interpol or Elbow. Oh well, fixed now. Something can be said for my previous suddenly malfunctioning earbuds - spare parts.

Ever get a split in your toe? In a crease on the bottom? I hate those. I have one now. And on the other foot, a callous or something. Along with a bothersome ankle. I'm rocking this on-your-feet-constantly job. And am likely quite a wobbly sight when I get home. Maybe I'll be recruited by the Ministry of Silly Walks.

...No? None of you are Monty Python fans? Alright fine. Some classic John Cleese you're missing out on.

Tired of soul sucking jobs. At a stall right now on what I want. Other than something that actually closes... for the weekend. The holiday. God, even just the evening. My current job and the one before it were both at places that were open 24/7.

Somebody get me out of here,
I'm tearing at myself.

Just rediscovered a song I heard quite a while ago... "She's Gonna Break Soon" by Less Than Jake. So I'm getting their Anthem album. The video to the song has Alexis Bledel in it, whose eyes I wish I had. Not literally... just saying they're quite pretty.

Ah Glitch Mob. I'm one to share lyrics of songs I really like, and Glitch Mob makes that extremely difficult because they're non lyrical. I love how they use some cadence in their music. Especially in Animus Vox.

If you're asking what a cadence is, here you go...
In jr high and high school, during marching band season, the cadence was always my favorite part. It's what you hear when the band is marching down the street but (other than the percussion) not playing. Unless of course they're just doing taps (rim shots) to keep people in step. We had the same cadence for several years, then got a new one at some point. I loved it.

Sorry, some band geek coming out. But I think that's one thing I was truly good at, and confident in... band. Music. Marching band, concert band, jazz band, pep band, brass quartet... I got to where I could look at another instrument's music and visually transpose it so I could play it in tune. Because it's not all the same. A trumpet's C is a French horn's F. (Both of which start the most basic of basic, the B♭ scale.) And as a French horn, I sat by the alto saxes. Whose basic note was a G... only one note above mine... easy peasy.

Alright. Kinda feel better now just by reviewing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment