Monday, September 10, 2012

Glitchy Thrash

Blogging from me new laptop. Well, new to me. It's small. There are smaller, but this one's still small. Interesting story telling how it got to be in my possession, but I won't get into it.

For some reason the Spotify installer says it couldn't connect to the internet and the instant save here on my blog is also telling me it's not working. Hmm. Ah firewall. Grumble. Never mind... still not connecting. ARG.

I realized tonight why I haven't fallen in love with Elbow's new album, Dead In The Boot. It's because the frontman, Guy Garvey, doesn't put power into the album's songs like he did with The Seldom Seen Kid and Build A Rocket, Boys. Songs like Tower Crane Driver, One Day Like This, The Birds, and Open Arms all have him singing at the top of his lungs at some point. But this new album is just so quiet and mellow... Different.

Yes I know there was an error while trying to save my post. Thank you.


Some days I loathe technology. Just... work. Please.


So last night I acquired, and today I listened to, Volbeat. Their album entitled Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood. I had heard "Still Counting" by them and liked it... it amuses me. I like the beat as the song begins, and the first line (which is said a few times during the length of the song) says "Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone." I listened to the album in its entirety, and one song made me stop what I was doing. Volbeat is a heavy metal/thrash band.
What's thrash, you ask?
Anyway, they're heavy metal/thrash. And they covered what many probably call the epitome of country music. They made Hank Williams' "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" into a heavy metal song. Not sure how I feel about it.

I really like the lead singer's voice. Something else caught me by surprise as I was listening. There is a live song on the album and he speaks to the crowd. I had incorrectly assumed, based on their songs, that they're American. Nope. Danish. From Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark.

Shout out to the ones that made it possible for this'n to have her own machine again. Many thanks and suggestive looks sent your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment