Thursday, September 13, 2012

Let Me Move

After three days of no further bloodletting, I decided at work tonight that I'd pull another early morning, 90-minutes-between-work-and-clinical stunt. Go home, shower, grab my phleb folder, come back in... However, by the end of my shift I was dragging. Even that "hey, I've clocked out, no more work, wow, sudden energy boost!" juncture never showed. Just, ugh... me sluggish, go home... yawn yawn.

So as soon as I got home, opened the door, I see debris everywhere. Toys, clothes, dishes. Trash. By then I've resigned to not accomplishing what I'd hoped in the approaching early morning hours. A few more sticks, hopefully one or two heelsticks and blood cultures... Instead - laundry, debris pickup, and some of what you're reading now.

I want to finish. Need to finish. So close. Sidestep the "well then quit" I recently received and finish the program. Move on to whatever's next. Hopefully it's the beginning of better things.

My apologies for this not being an interesting post. But again... not making you read it. Just needed a bit of an outlet.



No comments:

Post a Comment