Friday, July 6, 2012

Rocky Mountain Dew

Tonight's shift at work was interesting. Got started an hour late due to change ups and obstacles. But still got done. Did my old area, the one I can do in my sleep. And probably have.

In four days time I will have begun my phlebotomy classes. Seeing the textbooks in an office I cleaned made things a bit more realistic. And being in the lab tonight, I had two or three ladies talking to me about it. Even though I'm never in that area anymore, they knew I'd gotten accepted into the classes and was about to start, and were wishing me luck. It was kinda nice.

While cleaning the ER tonight, there was a trash can with several soda bottles. I would like to thank the ER staff for throwing away their Mountain Dew bottles with caps intact, allowing me to remove them and enter their codes in the Dark Knight Rises sweepstakes. I usually don't give a damn about bottle caps, unless they say "free 20oz bottle Pepsi or Dew" but I'm actually doing this Dark Knight Rises thing. Entering for both advance screening tickets and an XBOX 360. So far, 4 entrees for each.

So recently (in the past few months that is) I have heard a remake of "Man of Constant Sorrow" and one of "Rocky Mountain Way." The former.. ah.. sucked. Shoulda left it with the Soggy Bottom Boys. However... sorry Joe Walsh... I love the new Rocky Mountain Way, by Godsmack. Somehow they blended Walsh with heavy metal and succeeded. In my eyes, er ears, anyway.

And now comes the time where I leave you with videos you won't watch. But should.

Tonight's selection comes from my love of James Marsters.





No comments:

Post a Comment