Wednesday, February 19, 2014

This, That, A Buncha Crap

February 19th, 2014. This evening has been a pretty great one due to:

1)There is a thunderstorm outside (yes, a thunderstorm in February).

2)I'm off tomorrow. Which is payday, and will include almost 8 hours of overtime.

3)Tonight is the first time a rum & cola has touched my lips in about 2 weeks.

4)I got to see Ashley Wagner ice skating to "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" for the second time. Anyone who skates to Pink Floyd has my undivided attention.

5)Saw some excellent stuff tonight. Most of it featured Jimmy Fallon. My husband showed me the clip of Fallon collecting on the bet that he wouldn't make it to host the Tonight Show. (I loved how it started with De Niro.) Then I saw a Brian Williams rap, which I absolutely loved. And lastly, I just saw him (Fallon) playing charades with Tim McGraw, Bradley Cooper, and one of my favorite actresses... Emma Thompson. That was quite humorous.

And here's the selfie that Colbert does of himself and Fallon:

Too cool.

I hope he does well. So far he seems to be a huge hit. Even though I remain a life-long Conan fan, I wish him the best.

Side note: I liked how Conan made just one, but perfectly clear to those who knew his history, comment on the big NBC transition.
Ah you cheeky pompadour-endowed tall guy. I miss watching you after Letterman.

Ultrasound tomorrow for cyst. I haven't felt any pain in about 2 weeks, so maybe it finally dissipated.

I'm so excited about seeing Elbow. I imagine it every night before drifting to sleep. I know it may seem a bit odd to do so, but I can't make you understand how much I've wanted to see them for the past three years, and how frustrating it's been that I couldn't.

Oh! I mentioned before how I regretted having to miss Queens of the Stone Age to see Elbow. Well, I was listening to Guy Garvey's latest Finest Hour broadcast, and he mentioned how he hadn't heard the Queens' song that featured Elton John yet, but he wanted to. I thought, "I know the one he's talking about! It's my favorite from their new album." It's called "Fairweather Friends." I just thought it was a pretty awesome crossover for someone like me, whose two favorite bands are QotSA and Elbow.

Also, I listened to Glitch Mob's new album yesterday, and saw that Aja Volkman, who is the lead singer of the new fave band of mine I've mentioned, Nico Vega, provides vocals on it. Very awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment