Monday, February 10, 2014

Seconds

One month today! One month til Elbow's album release. I. Can't. Wait.

I do so relate to the people on their latest music video (see previous post). "I'm curious about the people that create this music and I want to go see these people. That's what I do with my money: buy gas and go see bands."

I used to be able to build up a savings and occasionally reward myself with shows and trips. But... I want more. More famous people seen/met. More iconic places visited. Used to be, while I wasn't doing what I'd hoped to be doing with my life, I was still occasionally able to make up for it, about once a year. This year isn't looking so promising. At all.

My God... I still can't hear Adele's "Set Fire to the Rain" without thinking of the dramatic promo vid for the finale of Rescue Me. Here:



Seriously... Most dramatic week of my life. At the end of the next to last episode, the show ends with an explosion. And you're left wondering "who made it?" So I'm reading threads from people who'd watched this promo and are saying "those hands are pudgy, that's Lou" and "no, they're darker, they're Franco's, he was going for Lieutenant" and "that's Tommy's beat-up helmet!" Meanwhile, I'm thinking, "I see three caskets there, maybe more... Oh My God, this is bad. Who will they kill off?" One had just gotten married, and another had just proposed... Then it finally airs, and the first part of it is so, so, so very... I have no other words except Powerful. Intense.

Now that I'm done with the 151 episodes of Malcolm in the Middle, my next move may be to re-watch Rescue Me.

Well, in favor of those who look at blogs solely for the pictures, here are a few of my newest rotating backgrounds...

 ^Awe. Some.^

Thank you and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment