Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Elbow!

So, about how I was saying I wanted "more" previously... Monday night I find out that the Queens of the Stone Age will be touring nearby. So I say "I'm going." Because seeing them near or especially on my birthday, which was panning out to happen, would have been one of the best things ever. And their newest album, one I still listen to most almost 9 months after its release, is certainly going to play a big part in it.

However, the next day it is disclosed to me that Elbow, ELBOW, will also be in the area. Elbow, as in the UK band that I've loved since... well... I remember waiting for their Build A Rocket, Boys album to come out, and that was released March '11. So... loved them for at least 3 years now. Elbow, as in my favorite band from across the pond that hasn't been here for probably that long, and had resolved to not tour here anymore due to basically spending money rather than at least breaking even.

I will be seeing Guy Garvey. Live, not on a screen.

I will see the way he moves with their music, particularly One Day Like This. Live, not previously recorded.

I will see Richard, Pete, and brothers Mark & Craig.

I will hear Elbow's music, pure. Unmitigated.

While I'm greatly disappointed in missing my other favorite band, QotSA, especially how it'd be perfect timing and an awesome way to celebrate, choosing Elbow is a no-brainer. How many times have I talked about them? Compared to Queens? Two or three times as much, yeah. And I'd hate myself for missing this chance, when Queens will more than likely be around again.

So yeah, excited doesn't begin to cover how this chick feels.


No comments:

Post a Comment