Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Queens and Elbows

Nico Vega will be nearish next month! I wish I could go.

Currently watching Queens of the Stone Age live at the Wiltern. It's from May of last year, but they play music from their most recent album along with some older stuff.

Cyst appointment tomorrow. Finally. Hoping to get a better grasp on what's going on with Moira. (With all this going on, I named my ovaries. The troublesome one is Moira, the left one is Lorelei.)

Ooohhh... Elbow's new album comes out soon. March 10th. They've released one of their songs already, and listening to it for the first time tonight... I love it. I'm not just saying that because they're one of my two favorite bands, it's truly a beautiful song.
I know it might be difficult, but read the text, read what the people in the video are saying. (Perhaps just listen to the song first, while watching the video, then pay attention to the text the second time?) And look at all their collectibles... I saw a Gollum, Nick Cave, a James Brown, a Popeye... Wow. Quite a collection.

AND they have ANOTHER BEER out! I'm still bitter about being unable to get ahold of their first, and now they have another. Crap! It is described as "a classic, easy drinking Pale Ale with a blend of three malts that deliver a luscious malt biscuit flavour, whilst a nod to American steam beers, sees the beer fermented at a higher temperature than the norm to release a fruitier aroma and sweeter finish." Damn.

They've given it the title "Charge" and they brewed it while creating the upcoming album, which is entitled "The Take Off and Landing of Everything."

And in a sad conclusion, must bid an unexpected farewell. I can't tell you why this death affected me, but it did. I never collected or watched all of his movies, but knew who he was and liked him. From the first of his I'd seen - Twister - to the last - Catching Fire - he was always the role, not the actor playing the role.

No comments:

Post a Comment