Monday, November 4, 2013

Carpe Musica

God I love "Vicious Traditions" by The Veils. I've talked about it before.

Got some new music tonight. Swedish futurepop/synthpop. They're called Colony 5. Not amazing, but keepable.

Listening to them led me to some of The Crystal Method (including Milla Jovovich's vocalizing in "I Know It's You). Then to Depeche Mode's "Playing The Angel" album. Whose name I've been pronouncing wrong... I thought it was DeePOTCHee Mode. Guess it's DeePesh Mode. Oh well.

Shut up, I heard it my way from someone else. I'm not the only idiot.

Now listening to my favorite hard-rock remakes. Burning Down The House by The Used and Rocky Mountain Way by Godsmack. Next... Dropkick Murphys! Their "Blackout" album.

Possible job change/transfer in the nearish future. We'll see.

The ones that you looooooooved,
The ones that you left behiiiiiind....

Sorry. Easy to jam to.

Oh! Great news that you likely won't care about! ELBOW will (not) soon (enough) have a new album out! Titled "Carry Her Carry Me." Release date of March 10th, 2014. Their last, which was a b-sides compilation album, didn't really win me over. But I have hope for this next one.

Feelin' good tonight.

(It won't last.)

In other news, I've started watching Malcolm in the Middle to get my Bryan Cranston fix...and discovered that I effing love the show. The humor is fantastic. Might be for the younger crowd, but has adult humor in it as well. My favorite part so far was the fourth ep, with the tree shredder. Dad's explaining to the boys how it vaporizes anything you put through it, so the youngest throws his lunch box in. The dad (Cranston) instantly objects, then pauses and says "actually, that was pretty cool.... What else you got?" And they proceed to shred... much.

Something I really wish I could get is the mead song from the newest Robin Hood movie. "I ROSE UP IN THE MORNING AND I FELT A DIRE NEED! TO DREAM AWAY THE WEARY DAY AND HAVE A CUP OF MEAD!" And according to what I've read, I'm not the only one.

Last but definitely not least, "Simple Song" by The Shins has no volume limit. The louder the better. So glad that How I Met Your Mother introduced me to that one.

Well, adieu loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment