Thursday, January 3, 2013

First Ramblings Of The New Year

This coming weekend will be my 4th "weekend" in three weeks. Between real weekends, holidays, and an extra day off with my normal day off, I've been rocking the double down time.

So... about work... yeah... I believe I've mentioned that the building I clean is always short a person. Never seem to have the full 4 people needed. Well, last week, at his 3-month eval, one of our people walked out. Quit. Abruptly. Soo... yeah. There's that.

Facebook has a way to organize posts sometimes when there are many about the same thing. Such as the election, a holiday, a birthday, Superbowl, etc. If they can do that, why can't they make it possible for someone to be able to hide anything pertaining a certain theme? Like have a setting where you enter a key word and have anything related to it blocked. Because good God I'm so tired of... never mind.

I've said before how a lot of my liked music comes from the soundtracks of tv shows I watch. Lately I've been watching Charmed (yeah it's kinda lame but it keeps me interested. And has Julian McMahon, mmm). One of the sisters owns a club and has musical acts. She's had Pat Benetar, Michelle Branch, The Cranberries, Goo Goo Dolls, and The Flaming Lips, among others. I was surprised to recognize the last's song. "Do You Realize" from their Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots album. I've listened to that album (the only of theirs that I have) a few times, but just not terribly familiar with it. Which should be amended.

My first Flaming Lips song was from the movie Batman Forever, during an Edward Nigma scene. "Bad Days" was the reason for my purchase of the soundtrack, and was played over and over again. Getting that soundtrack also introduced me to Nick Cave (a favorite), Seal, and Michael Hutchence (performing solo but from INXS).

Might be breaking out the NyQuil soon. (But hey! I've made it this far without!)



No comments:

Post a Comment