Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Bits of Impact

Got myself some Hugh Laurie music. Old stuff from "A Bit of Fry and Laurie" and such, and a fairly new blues album he released called Let Them Talk. What I was really aiming for was to get his "Mystery" song from the pilot of Fry & Laurie, and ended up getting quite a bit more. No complaints there whatsoever.

Side note. I love how both of them have (separate) cameos in the Spice World movie... Bob Hoskins too.

This collection of Hugh Laurie music has him doing a reggae-ish cover of "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by The Rolling Stones. Interesting.

I'm about to brave the connection of my iPod to my laptop for the first time. Hoping I successfully transferred everything and won't lose a great amount. However, if crisis ensues, I can counter it by reconnecting it to the original machine holding my music collection.

So getting an impacted wisdom tooth surgically cut out, whilst awake, isn't so great. I was fine with the cutting, but the drilling kept hitting a nerve that I could feel down to below my jawbone. Was numbed 3 times, but I don't think that a nerve that deep can really be desensitized. That was Thursday. I called in sick Friday for recoup, and worked the weekend, even though one of the meds said to stay away from people with contagious diseases (I work in a hospital, HA), and the sheet on how to take care for the next week said I was limited to a 2 pound lift limit. Shyeah. Right. As I fling 20+ pound bags of trash and linen on a daily basis. So the raw sutured hole in my mouth, the meds, and the cold I had made for a slow weekend. And of course they call me today, on my day off, asking me to come in. I decline, hoping it doesn't affect my pursuit of a day shift position.

Walk Off The Earth (5 peeps, one guitar cover of "Somebody I Used To Know") has an interesting video out now. It was shot in one take, and they fast forward and rewind a lot to certain points. Film the chorus in double time so it can be slow-mo in the finished version but their lips are still synced with the lyrics. Here, see for yourself...


I think I like Marshall the most (not the long-haired guy G (Gianni), but the other main male singer). Though I do have an awesome Beard Guy shirt.

They're so talented. Would love to see them live.

There's a link available during this video to see the unedited version, if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment