Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sole Music

I wish that women's size 5 in shoes wasn't so difficult to find.

Recently bought new tennis shoes for work. Lucky to find size 6, so I always have to settle. This new pair, however... About halfway through my shift tonight, my feet start hurting. Get home hours later, kick off shoes, peel off socks... got a blister on both of my big toes, in the same spot. Ouch.


Bowling alleys and skating rinks have size 5, why can't common retail stores?

More than one pair in my collection of shoes is children's size.

Visiting an ailing family member this weekend. I had a moment of realization today that led to a bit of undoing. Realized that I'm most likely saying goodbye.

Yep. Here it is again. I just hope I can remain composed during my visit.


Subject change. Got some new music today. Tom Waits and Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds. It was earlier stuff from Tom Waits, very very mellow sounding. Not what I expected. But he continues to intrigue me. A critic describes his voice as sounding "like it was soaked in a vat of bourbon, left hanging in the smokehouse for a few months, and then taken outside and run over with a car." I just found "Hold On" and already love it.



As for Nick Cave, his song "Red Right Hand" has always been a favorite. He was friends with the late Michael Hutchence (frontman of INXS) and sang "Into My Arms" at his funeral, after requesting that the cameras be turned off. His voice is also unique. Deep, almost silky. And his music style is definitely different. But I like.

Tom Waits became an interest of mine after seeing him in the movie Seven Psychopaths. I knew of him before, but very little. His humor and comedic timing in the movie was excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment