Thursday, December 6, 2012

Fahoo Fores!

I left the house for work today with three albums worth of new (to me) music on my ipod. Not just new albums, but artists I didn't have before. It created a feeling that wasn't quite euphoric, but still pretty hearty. They were Demon Days by Gorillaz (which I think I liked most), because I heard "Feel Good Inc" over the past weekend, Hell In My Heart by Bobaflex, because I liked "Bury Me With My Guns," and My Head Is An Animal by Of Monsters And Men. They sounded Irish to me, but they're from Iceland. I had heard "Little Talks" somewhere and liked it. I wasn't as immersed in the album as I'd hoped, but I did like "Love Love Love" and "Your Bones." The former was rather relaxing. Will definitely go on my Mellow playlist. "Your Bones" has a beat I really like, kind of a Bum... bumBum... I don't think it's a shuffle, but I can't think of its name. "Don't Worry Baby" by The Beach Boys has the same rythym, and Amy Winehouse has it in "Back To Black." (Though it's in countless other songs, I'm sure, these are just ones I can name.)

Getting the Grinch movie soundtrack. I have it somewhere but am reluctant to look for it at the moment. It's a good soundtrack... just season-specific. There was a Christmas concert special thing on tv a couple years ago, maybe a tree lighting or something, and Annie Lennox did God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. I loved it. Again, because of the beat to it. Ah, I found it. Christmas In Rockefeller Center.

Although I got the album and realized she was lip syncing rather than actually singing live... oh well.
(...Have I posted this before?...)

Still cutting back on the fermented and distilled. Trying to clear my head and keep my health at least at functioning level. No rum for a while now, but have had the occasional one or two ales.

Planning on knocking out some Christmas errands this weekend. Wish me luck. It's probably getting crazy out there. So damn glad I don't work retail anymore.


And for good measure... I would so wear this (I adore Grinch stuff)...
Grinch Costume

No comments:

Post a Comment