Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Lá Maith

Been listening to Of Monsters And Men a lot lately. Their "My Head Is An Animal" album, from Little Talks through Yellow Light. Still adoring Love Love Love and Your Bones. It may be taking the place of The Vaccines as most played.

Today I drove about two hours to do some Christmas shopping in a more densely populated area and spend time with a friend. I met him at his residence, where I discovered he had my second favorite Moscato and a bottle of Glenlivet. As tempting as it was to later stay and indulge, I resisted. (Shouldn't have.) We met up with another friend I saw was in the area for an enjoyable late lunch, then parted ways and he & I did some holiday shopping. Saw an impressive sporting goods store, a remodeled mall that I occasionally went to when I lived closer (I remember my grandmother taking me when I was young, us going to Waldenbooks, and me leaving with brand new Goosebumps books... a cherished memory), and the awefulness that is no longer the Pasta House Co. I'm sure it's not that bad, but the fact that it's no longer what it was creates a rather large grudge.

Pretty much everything I bought could have been bought where I live, but I'm glad I went. It was a (needed) good time.

It was overcast when I left this morning. About a third of the way there, something was different. Then I realized there was a thin layer of snow on the fields that spread from the freeway. Soon after, it was actually snowing, and then the road got a bit hazardous and snow plows started appearing. It was as though I had gone into another world, from an overcast one to the beginnings of a winter wonderland. In the span of less than an hour.

Wearing my fuzzy Grinch pj pants. A bit snug, but I wouldn't trade them for the world. Besides, when clothes are snug, that gives me a goal ;)

(For them to be less snug.)

That shall be all for now. I'll depart while listening to Gerard Butler sing "The Galway Girl."



(Oh! This pic reminds me of something! On a cruise ship on my senior trip, I took and wore a white shirt that said "I Love Irish Boys" in green. A friend of mine saw a guy wearing a shirt that said "Kiss Me I'm Irish" and tried her hardest to find me, but alas failed. Had she succeeded, it would have been awesome six ways to Sunday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment