Thursday, December 20, 2012

Sweet Dream Weaver

Tonight I listened to my newest addition, Eurythmics. I discovered during the closing ceremony of this year's Olympics, which were in London, England, that Annie Lennox is a) British (Scottish, actually) and b) formerly of Eurythmics, and thusly the singer of Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This).

I know I keep gushing about Annie Lennox, but something about her draws me. Probably her artistry. Her videos and garb are catchy. Like the orange buzzcut and suit with gloves and staff thing in Sweet Dreams. And the 18th century style of Walking On Broken Glass. And... wait... ok that's awesome. Hugh Laurie and John Malkovich are in that video. Laurie is in his Blackadder character and Malkovich is his character from Dangerous Liasons. Just way awesome. I love discovering stuff like this.

Should be attempting sleep. Especially after seeing this:


Then again, I'm not one that is dreamed about. If I'm in any dreams, they probably involve violence, either from the dreamer or from me. (I like sharp implements and incite much frustration from others.)

On a more personal note...Wanted nothing more than to be a stay-at-home mom tonight. A bad bloody nose and scared child makes for a frustrated evening shift mother. Some may argue that going to work isn't the same as turning your back, but that doesn't change the way it feels. Or the way the child sees it.

Alright. Emotions peaking. Gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment