Wednesday, December 26, 2012

End of holiDays

Why, why is Felix The Cat: The Movie so damned expensive? $42.99 for it USED! I've wanted this movie for as long as I can remember. I finally have the means to get it... have the means to get a lot of stuff I want actually... but I'm unsure of how to proceed.

Part of me... a big part... is screaming to go to England and see my favorite band. And I'm afraid that if I don't, I'll regret it and never again have the chance to.

I can either do the one big thing or a few smaller things. Decisions, decisions. The smaller things I can get some other time if I strategically plan and save. So... hmm.

Listening to my favorite Christmas music one last time. Even though it's now the early morning hours of the 26th. Some Grinch soundtrack (especially "Better Do It Right" by Smash Mouth), my Annie Lennox song, and "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I recently saw a local place that had a bunch of artificial Christmas trees that had lights set in time with their holiday music. It was pretty awesome. I love TSO, should get more of their music. I'll reiterate on how outstanding their "Beethoven's Last Night" album was. (Although it's easier to follow if you read along via Wikipedia.)

My other finds it funny that it's still difficult for me to fall asleep on Christmas eve. I still feel that youthful anticipation. Even being the parent and no longer the child.

I need more Eels music.

There we go.

Meant to watch more holiday movies than I did. Like the Jim Carrey Grinch movie and Christmas Vacation. Oh well. Did see the original Grinch, The Santa Clause, Miracle on 34th Street (remake), and some Hallmark movie called Christmas With Holly.

Ah, some Gogol Bordello for the ears. For sure, if you ever want something eccentric... listen to them.Their Super Taranta! album. I personally love Wonderlust King, Zina-Marina, and American Wedding. 

There are two things I go through faster than a snow cone melts in July. 1)Earphones. Something always happens. Whether the wires inside go bad, or (most recently) the cord get caught on something and yanked out of the jack part of the set, I can't seem to keep a working pair of 'phones. 2)Phone chargers. My phone kills them. You know how when you plug your phone in, it's supposed to kinda click into place? Well eventually, the jack gets looser and looser and eventually doesn't charge my phone anymore.

I've become distracted with other things. Time to go. Shh, it's ok loves.


(If you understand this, you are to be congratulated.)

No comments:

Post a Comment