Sunday, October 7, 2012

Ticky Tacky

Sorry about the gushing in the last post. But if I wasn't going on about something I really liked, it was going to be very negative.

The world seems very dead tonight. I worked and got off at midnight and saw very little activity, both around town and online. Rather odd for a Saturday night.

I'm listening to mellow music tonight. Flunk's version of "Blue Monday" from the Walking Tall soundtrack, "In The Waiting Line" and "Destiny" by Zero 7, "We Won't Run" by Sarah Blasko... I love the video to that last one. She reminds me of Lydia from the movie Beetlejuice.

I think that playing "I Wanna Grow Old With You" by Adam Sandler from the Wedding Singer soundtrack first off placed me in a mellow music mood for the rest of the night. Saw it first since it was near the top of my iTunes library.

Alright so a bit less mellow now. "The Saddest Song" by The Ataris. (Not the acoustic version.) Quite good.

Speaking of versions, I really really want to find "My Immortal" by Evanescence, with the full band.

Oh look. It's on iTunes. Never mind.

A lot of the music I like comes from shows I watch. Rescue Me and Smallville played a major part. Rescue Me had an interesting variety, including Snow Patrol, The Pogues, Dropkick Murphys, and Duffy. And the music they chose was incorporated really well into the episodes. Smallville was more about appealing to the teen/young adult audience. All-American Rejects, Remy Zero, Lifehouse, etc.

Listening to "Dirty Old Town" by The Pogues now, since I've mentioned them. This song is in the finale of Rescue Me. And, as I said, it definitely worked well in the episode.

"Fairytale of New York" is a favorite of mine by them. It's in the movie "PS, I Love You." Features Kirsty MacColl.

I have become distracted with Walk Off The Earth videos. I'd apologize, but I regret nothing.



Arrg.

No comments:

Post a Comment