Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Should Reach You Tomorrow

After seeing something that referred to an older Elbow song, called "Snooks (Progress Report)", I'm now suddenly very much loving their Cast of Thousands album, their second. Today I woke up with the chorus of Fugitive Motel in my head.

The other day I had the line "have a little faith in me, baby can't you see, you've got to talk to me" suddenly pop into my thoughts and attach to some part of my cerebrum. It's a line from an older Lee Ann Womack song. Kinda stuck with me (understandably).

Elbow is coming out with their "Definitive Album Box Set." This one's sights are now set on nothing else. I was recently asked what I want for Christmas, and I answered with "the final season of Monk" so I can finally see the end. As of this morning... err... yesterday morning... I will put that off even longer to get this fantastic collection to be mine. Especially since I now have fallen in love with another of their albums. My favorite band's entire current collection on vinyl... (happy shudder)...

Halloween is approaching. I found a pumpkin design that I really want to attempt. Also, I have my costume. Not sure if it's one I'm supposed to wear in public. But, definitely want to wear it.

Ok, so just traced the design off the computer screen. Easy enough. I know the actual carving won't be as simple, but I'm off to a good start. And I really want to try this, and will be thrilled if it works.

I could see myself going crazy with pumpkin carving. Finding images of characters I like and bringing them to life by way of flickering orange luminosity.

(By the way, it's not the pirate design from my last post.)

Many times I wish I were more original. Coming up with my own ideas and concepts rather than using what I see online. Now yes, I do have my own creativity, but it's all stuck in the knotted chaos that is my inner musing. Something I wish for more than all else is the ability to allow it to flow from that uppermost mechanism, through my dominant appendage, and onto whatever surface is present at the time.

Lately I've been focusing more on what's around me, rather than waiting for stuff from the outside to happen or show up. Going out of your way only works so many times, without being equated, before an imbalance takes over.

Cheers, loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment