Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Chorus of Supposes

My current music liking is the first two songs from Elbow's album "The Seldom Seen Kid." I had the intention of listening to the whole album to get accustomed to every song but... that 'back' button seems to keep getting pressed.

I first learned of Elbow when I heard them on an episode of Rescue Me. The song was "Grounds For Divorce" and it accompanied the scene perfectly. Since then, which was probably over a year ago, it has been my favorite. However, I think "Starlings" and "The Bones of You" are just a few 'back' button presses away from taking the lead.

Oh. And they're British. Like you care.

Have had some interesting dreams lately. I got shot in one. (Not the first one I've had where that's happened.)

I have been reading A Study In Scarlet, which is the first Sherlock Holmes book. Perhaps it's just the convenience of having it wherever I go, since it's on my phone, but I seem to be reading it regularly. I used to read all the time. Growing up, I would spend hours of my day in my room with a book, sunflower seeds, and mountain dew. Completely satisfied. Now, however, I don't know what my deal is. I don't know if I just can't get into the books I choose, or I get bored... I received Stephen King's 'Under the Dome' for Christmas, which is over 1,000 pages, probably the lengthiest, if not, close to, books I've ever had. Got through it without a problem. Kept me interested the whole time. Wish I could get through all novels like that.

Ah... Success. I'm on song 5. Another song I've come to like. "An Audience With The Pope." Too bad I don't have better persuasion methods. I'd get people to listen to these songs.

I have been searching for Michael Hutchence's solo album. It seems to be quite unpopular, judging my how little success I've had in finding it. It's not even on iTunes! My last resort is to pay too much for it, and then the shipping too. Michael Hutchence was the lead singer of INXS, whose biggest hit (late 80's) was probably Need You Tonight. He has a tragic story and death, which is also perhaps a bit of a mystery, which always seems to interest me. (So did Sid Vicious.)

I have succeeded in not typing about what I intended to, which probably had more of a bitching and moaning vibe. Music has, once again, come to my aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment