Thursday, June 16, 2011

Merde.

Screwed up at work the other night. And it was my 4th bad night at work in a row, so I ended up going home early, due to feeling so lousy, leaving with my understanding supervisor's words "sleep it off" following me. The three nights preceding last night were messes that I shouldn't have had to clean up, even covering the ER. But the 4th night was my fault. I can come up with excuses for my mistake, such as never really having done a patient room by myself, or feeling rushed & panicked because I was told a new patient was on their way up... But in the end, it's still my fault. Just a boneheaded stupid mistake. Hopefully nothing will come of it.

I spoke to a friend about it, another housekeeper who got hired the same date as I. She said that if the nursing staff can leave doors open to rooms of patients who tested positive for TB, and not tell the housekeepers or have signs put up warning people, then they shouldn't give me any flak for my incident (which didn't involve TB, by the way).

Luckily tonight was much better. It was long, due to going in an hour early to make up for leaving early the night before. Also, I received 2 "Be A Star" (above & beyond) cards. The other day I was asked to keep an eye out for a diamond that had come off someone's wedding band. They all figured it was long gone, but lo & behold, I found it. Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment