Saturday, June 18, 2011

Good Units, More Elements

Tis Saturday. Er, twas Saturday. About 2 hours ago it ended, as did my shift at work. I'm quite pleased with my work day. I did units, or patient rooms. First time by myself, got about 10 done. I was assigned to the 5th floor, but I ended up spending more time everywhere else. I wasn't looking forward to the disgruntled and/or unintelligible patients in the rooms I had to clean, but luckily, my night did not include any.

I decided to give Elbow's new-ish 'Build A Rocket Boys' album a try, since I love their previous album so much (yes, I was finally able to get past the first 2 or 3 songs). This album's first song has been an instant hit with me. It's a longer one, but worth the time. A few minutes into it, it gets a more electronic sound, and towards the end the music really swells, which I love listening to with earphones.

Most music is better with earphones (or headphones, whichever), at least that's my belief. I'm not one of those typical young people who listen to things loud to show off. The louder the music, at least most of the kinds I listen to, the more elements you can hear in it. There's a video I love to watch and listen to, with earphones in. Pink Floyd's "Run Like Hell" from their Pulse concert. It just sounded so much better than just on computer speakers.

Getting tired of the "not responding" that my laptop has been doing more and more lately. Just... work. Please. Function. For me. I haven't the funds to replace you.

Oooo... "The Night Will Always Win." Another instant favorite. Probably a favorite out of all their music. God I love Elbow.

Damn, the Back Button Syndrome is back.

Currently in pursuit of a beer & pizza night. Dunno why. I threw out the idea in the subtle suggestive way I always use, but no takers. Or at least no one wanting some ale & DoeMeenoe's* at midnight on a Saturday night. I shall remain in pursuit of it, however.

Alrighty. That's it. Tee Tee Eff Inn.

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlExtkU0j7I

No comments:

Post a Comment