Thursday, June 23, 2011

If You Say So

Type half a sentence. Delete. Sit and think. Type a few more words, delete. Sit and stare at the mental blank that is visualized. Shiver in response to a breeze from the open window. Sway and nod to the music when an especially liked song comes on the ipod.

Interesting... I'm listening to a song (not a full-band song) and I can hear the pages of the music being turned. I've never heard that before. At least that's what it sounds like. (And I would know.)

There's a song by Nick Cave that used to be a favorite of mine. I listen to it now and still really like it, but never really realized how odd it is. It's basically verse after verse of questions and answers, and each question is directed to a different person. I love the trumpet solo in it, and the chorus, even though it's just one line repeated. Perhaps the lyrics aren't all that great, but the instrumentals make up for it.

I applied for a 6-week course of classes and had an interview today. For reasons I don't agree with, it seems I won't be accepted into one of the 6 openings. Since I wouldn't be able to transfer from my current position into the one the classes are for until I've worked there for a year (which is about 7 months away), they seem to think it illogical to allow me to take the course and get certified. I don't agree. I'm not guaranteed a position anyhow, because there won't be 6 job positions open when the classes end. So, what's it going to hurt? Let me take the classes and keep working my current job until something opens up, or I get accepted somewhere else.

That was probably really confusing to read. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment