Friday, July 29, 2016

Inching

Low point, last two days. But, working my way out of it.

Currently listening to Nine Inch Nails. Their "Year Zero" album, my favorite. So good. It's a concept album (a set of songs that express a particular idea or theme) that is set 15 years after the album's release, which was 2007. At that time, 2022 has been renamed "Year 0" by the government. Meaning the U.S. was reborn that year. Apparently there was a film adaptation of the album in the works, but nothing came of it.

My favorite song from the album is "My Violent Heart." I really like the contrast between the verse and the chorus.

So, I got ahold of the Grindhouse double-feature a while back. First film "Planet Terror" by Robert Rodriguez, second film "Death Proof" by Quentin Tarantino. I watched the first by itself, and quite liked it. I really liked Michael Biehn in it. His mannerism and timing is just great. Had me laughing. And the relationship between him and his brother, played by Jeff Fahey, was a good addition. I also really liked seeing Freddy Rodriguez in a leading role in a movie, after watching him in the Six Feet Under TV show.

Then there's the "Death Proof" movie. It starts out slow, with 3 rather attractive chicks driving around talking about guys, but then it picks up. The second half of the movie features Zoë Bell, whom I've come to love. She's Uma Thurman's stunt double in the Kill Bill movies, has a brief role in The Hateful Eight, and is a derby girl in Whip It. She was great in Death Proof! She probably had the greatest line. Very tense moment, and she pops up with a peppy comment.

I think I can say that the car chases in Death Proof are some of the best I've seen.




Alright then... G'night.



No comments:

Post a Comment