Saturday, July 13, 2013

Try To Keep Up...

Happy Sattaday. Half of my weekend to work is over, huzzah. Weekends aren't so bad, actually. Rather easygoing compared to M-F. But who wouldn't rather be off?

New music! Getting the Twister soundtracks, both the score album and the soundtrack with Van Halen, Rusted Root, Goo Goo Dolls, etc. I think I've acquired a few random songs off the album, but now I'm getting it in full.

Watching the new "Oz the Great and Powerful" movie yesterday, I took pride in recognizing Danny Elfman's music within the first 60 seconds of the movie's opening score. Without having done any research. Hell, I didn't even know that Sam Raimi directed it, which would've been a dead giveaway. He and Tim Burton always use Elfman. Well, almost always. Apparently Raimi and Elfman had a falling out during or after Spider-Man 2. Reconciled for Oz.

Heard something on the radio today I took a liking to. "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons. It was on a more pop-ish station that I rarely listen to, but I'm glad I caught it. Watching the music video now, it's... interesting. And is that... that really looks like Lou Diamond Phillips!.... It is! Nice. Interesting video. Here...


I love the way they do the drum. So big, so loud. Showy. Reminds me of a video I posted before, by Walk Off The Earth. Their "Red Hands" video. I'm not going to post it again, either browse through old posts or google it if you wanna see. I just like the effect of someone hitting a drum real hard and seeing dirt/dust/debris bursting off it. It's... effective. ;)

The other day I put in Night at the Museum to see if my kid would like it. Since it's somewhat animated and quite exciting throughout. (No luck.) Just made me want to watch the sequel. So I acquired. There's nothing I can say about Hank Azaria's performance in that movie... other than it's been too long since I've watched it. Beyond hilarious. He nailed it. From the moment he appears (I... have come BACK to LIFE!!) to the petty "DO! NOT! CROSS! THIS! LINE! I CAN'T BELIEVE... you CROSSED the LINE! Oh GOD I want to kill you!"

As a kid, I remember watching The Birdcage with my mom, who loved it. Recently viewing youtube vids of the flick, I found out that Azaria is the gay butler who has moves that I envy.

Ah screw it, I'll post it again.


 (Love the confetti exploding out of the cymbals.)

No comments:

Post a Comment