Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Let's Review...

Mothers Day Weekend has passed. The trip was most excellent. We really didn't do anything we originally planned, cept stayed in the chosen hotel, but I think that made it better. We didn't have to be anywhere at any certain time, and because of that, we were able to explore & experience more. Like the little Irish pub we found. With an Irish bartender... Yeah... Oh you're still here! Sorry. Anyway, we order our drinks and the guy next to us at the bar puts them on his tab. We thank him, get our drinks... and his wife sits down next to him. Hmm... interesting. So we find some seats and enjoy our seemingly secret gifts.

Apparently I'm a hit with old swing-dancing men. Got hit up for a dance by the first guy, again by another, and then by the first guy again.

Tried a few Bloody Marys that cost as much as a top artist's new CD. And still prefer the ones 1/3 of the price here where I live.

The thing about a Bloody Mary is, you never know how it's going to taste. While rum & cokes don't change. I asked a few locations what their rum choices were, and heard Myers a few times. So gave it a try. It was good.

I got to try something I recently discovered... squid ink pasta. Sorry, FRESH squid ink pasta. Loved it. I was hoping to try it with squid ink sauce, but that was a bit harder to find. So I settled.

My mother and I are fans of sushi. Well, she likes the raw fish that's on top of the rice and I like the fish that's rolled up with rice and cucumber, avocado, and/or seaweed. Anyway, I tried hers this time. Tuna belly (toro) and surf clam. The tuna was so soft, like biting into cream cheese. The latter, not so much, took some chewing. But both were very good. So were my yellowfin rolls. And Mom decided to be brave and try the sea urchin. She liked it. We both also had the seaweed salad before that... best I've had yet. Found out that squeezing a lemon over it makes it even better.

We ventured out to a rum bar. While I originally planned to try something more uncommon and exotic, I ended up trying one I'd seen before, Kilo Kai. I think I got sidetracked when he asked me what I preferred. "Sweet? Not sweet? Dark? Light?" I went sweet. Should've stayed and tried more, but oh well. Now I've been to a rum bar. :)


I know, it's only rum & coke, but I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment