Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Good Times Indeed... And Storms

My May is drawing to a close. I call it My May because it held a lot for me, as I said before. This past weekend, I went to a wedding. Only knew maybe 10 people, but still had fun. Gave the DJ a bit of a challenge. He started taking requests, so I went up and said "Ballroom Blitz by Tia Carrere." He looked at me quizzically so I added "from the Wayne's World soundtrack!" He said that he has the soundtracks to both movies, looks up a Ballroom Blitz, has me listen with some headphones. I give ear, and shake my head, reiterating that it's by Tia Carrere. He looks dubious but does some research. (I know exactly what I'm talking about, by the way, and schooling the man who gets paid to handle music.) Finds it, gives me a "you were right, good job" high five, and plays it a few songs later. It was rather awesome and made me feel pretty good.

The reception wrapped up earlier than expected, so some of us went to a local bar that was... very very excellent. Even the title appealed to me, being of the pirate type. Captain's Quarters. Their beer taps were amazing. First I sampled the Rogue OREgasmic, then tried my friend's Kill Devil. Liked it more, since the Rogue was a bit "hoppy" so went with it. (Two days later, I was told that the Kill Devil was aged in rum casks... no wonder I liked it so much.) Once we tapped out the tap... seriously... it ran out on us... I finished with a pint of the Rogue. AND they had an internet jukebox! Got a pic of the newlyweds picking a song together. As a music lover, I can't imagine a better "first" pic. It was an excellent night. Including someone who matched me in music and musical artist knowledge. "Let's play something by Massive Attack." "Yeah, this one..." "Now by Eels." "Oh here's a good one..." It was nice having someone able to stay with me, musically.

Woke up to a thunderstorm this morning. Really wished I could stay in bed and listen to it rather than go to work, but oh well. It's storming again now, as it draws near (actually, past) the time I usually head to bed. Love storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment