Monday, February 11, 2013

Not A Job

Tonight's shift brought about some speculation. I was going about my cleaning in Radiology, which is barely used during the weekend. Has several small bathrooms, some unused since the last cleaning. I got to one, scanned, saw the seat was up, no water spots on the sink, and there was no trash. As I was turning away, something snagged at my subconscious and made me look again. There was a silver ring in the toilet, which appeared, to me, to be a wedding band. I fished it out, disinfected it, and dried it off. Wondered what the story was. If the bathroom had been used, it could acceptably be an accident. But... it wasn't. It looked as if someone had come in, tossed the ring in, and left. (Though, if they had truly wanted to get rid of it, wouldn't they flush?)

My assumption is that it was a man's ring, due to it fitting none of my fingers. (Yeah I tried.) Though, I do have freakishly small fingers. Not the deformed type... just very small (and I like to think cute) feet and hands. Anyway, I turned it in, and prolly won't hear anything else about it. But it's random happenings like this that break up the monotony.

Before this, while I was working, I vented a bit via blogging, but didn't post it. I'll post it now. I was very frustrated for most of my shift when I got there, looked ahead at the schedule, and saw that come a week from tomorrow, I'm still on the evening shift.


You said 2 months tops. Yesterday was 1 month. People have been hired and trained. Yet I am scheduled for evenings for at least the next 2 weeks. Thank you for not taking my "need day shift asap" request seriously.

Commence job hunt.


I don't know the whole story. Perhaps there's more to it and they just can't transfer me yet. I just can't help but be irked.

No comments:

Post a Comment