Sunday, August 12, 2012

See Me Rollin', They Bleedin'

Just found a slug in my kitchen. That's a first. It was rather large. But dead. Didn't quite reach the moist oasis it was apparently searching for. In my kitchen.

I like slugs. With or without shells. Always have, don't know why. But when something from outside comes in, I always wonder why. What am I doing wrong.
See, look at 'im. Yeah my hands are small, but still. Big slug. Just wish I could have found him while he was still alive, so I could put him back outside. (I do the same with black ground beetles when I find them at work.)

I bought roller blades today, to accelerate my trudge to work. They were replaced by my regular shoes after about a block. I'm not sure if they needed adjusting or if I just wasn't used to blading, but they weren't sufficing. It probably doesn't help that I have freakishly small feet that are hard to find properly fitting shoes for.

Once at work, I then proceeded to readjust and retry. They worked fine up and down the vacated halls of the building I was in.

Yes. I did.
It was great.

So anyway, I'll try again, but right now they don't seem to be doing the job I hoped they would. I considered getting a Razor scooter thing instead, but then remembered I'm not an adolescent.

Newest song liked: Pioneer to the Falls by Interpol. I heard it on a show I've been watching. Got the whole album hoping it'd be a hit with me, but it had no wow factor. Still like the song, however.

My phlebotomy training is at the point of actually doing the blood draws on people. My first day was in an outpatient lab (where people are sent by their doctor after their appointments, but not patients in the hospital) and it was a very slow day. Even the lab personnel were commenting on how slow it was. That was for five hours in the afternoon. The next day was inpatients. Going around the hospital to patients that have been admitted for some reason or other. That was 5a-10a and better than I thought it would be, even with 2 hours of sleep. I expected to like outpatient better, since people are coming in more on their own accord, rather than being woke up at dawn by someone who wants to stick a needle in their body. But I liked inpatient more. The phlebotomist I was with was awesome, and seemed to convey nothing but confidence in me. Which is what I needed, especially after a patient backed out on me the day before. She knew what she was doing, remembered the patients and knew what they were like - before we went in to see them - and had the demeanor I wish I could have. One that comforts people, and at the same time keeps them interested. Quite outgoing, without being annoying.

Had a "well, shit" moment this evening. Realized I had lost my copy of Burnin Down The House by The Used. And by Talking Heads, though that one I don't miss as much. The remake is so much better, in my opinion.

Situation has been resolved.

Speaking of remakes, time to listen to Godsmack's "Rocky Mountain Way" again. Ta, loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment