Thursday, October 24, 2019

Le Voyage!

The New Orleans trip went really well. We didn't get everything we wanted done, but that just means we'll have to go back. Things like the Absinthe house, a hookah bar, the carousel bar, chowing on some beignets, etc...

We did have quite a bit of alligator tail, some oysters, etouffee, gumbo, crawdad tails, and some time at a voodoo joint or two. We did our ghost tour, and stayed in our haunted hotel. Saw a great live band called Chicken on the Bone, at Bourbon Bandstand, very highly recommended. Got to see a couple small parades, which consisted of a small band of a few brass instruments and drums, along with the people the parades were for. We weren't sure if they were weddings, anniversaries, or just plain "hey, let's have a parade!"s. At any rate, they were really fun to watch! Saw some boobs... business owners put a bunch of beads on their second story balconies for patrons to throw down to those who earned them. Yeah, the tradition isn't confined to Mardi Gras.

Yeah, I want to go back. And I know my mother would accompany me again.

We were there when the Hard Rock Hotel building, which was under construction, collapsed... we were about 3 blocks away from it, but yet still didn't hear or feel anything. Miss Robichaux's Academy for Exceptional Young Ladies (from American Horror Story: Coven).

Halloween is a week from today. Devon and I both have our costumes. He's going to be Slappy, the ventriloquist dummy from Goosebumps, and I'm going to be a lady scarecrow. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'll leave you with a few pics I took on our trip, including a shot of Miss Robichaux's Academy for Exceptional Young Ladies (from American Horror Story: Coven).

No comments:

Post a Comment