Tuesday, March 31, 2020

In This Moment, Then As Now Forever

Hey there. Five months post-NOLA and nothing new. 'Cept maybe some music. (And the Covid-19 pandemic.)

Starcrawler. The lead singer is... well I can't look away. Very striking. In a way where you wonder about her health. But as for their music, I do recommend a listen.

Bet My Brains music video

I Love LA music video

This spring, I was planning to go see In This Moment. They're another woman-fronted rock band, and a few months ago I heard their song Blood on SiriusXM, and loved it. I dug a bit deeper and found out that I rather like their music overall. Their music videos are interesting. Usually directed by the frontwoman herself, Maria Brink. But the artistry reminds me a bit of Marilyn Manson's. Yeah, I was going to see them live, but this less-than-awesome pandemic has interfered. Anyway, here are some of their music vids:

Blood music video

Sick Like Me music video

Sex Metal Barbie music video

Hmm, what else... BTW, sorry I can't just put the videos on like I usually do. For some reason, that way isn't working.

I randomly came across something the other night, and I was half paying attention, but it quickly had me interested. First, please watch it HERE, and next I'll explain it. For real, I wish for you to experience the way I did.

Seriously, ^watch it^ before continuing to read. Please. So, this is a video from the Swedish alt-pop/synth-pop/pop-rock band Kent. I'd never heard of them til this video. Apparently, its title, Da Som Nu For Alltid, means "Then As Now Forever" and means the upcoming album is their very last, their farewell album and tour. So this video is them making that announcement, and includes various references to their previous albums. Such as the airplane, the sled dogs, the girl in the denim, the white tiger, the girl on the horse...

So now, if you rewatch it with this knowledge, it takes on a whole new meaning, right? It did to me anyway. I thought it was brilliant. And of course I come across this years after it's made. (It was released in 2016.)

Take care out there. Stay safe. Stay sane. Stay home. It sucks, I know. My wanderlust is hurtin' bad right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment