Friday, October 4, 2019

Autumn '19 Doings

It's October! My favorite month! It's the 4th, and as of about 2 days ago, it finally actually feels like fall. No more temps in the 90s.

This time next week I'll be up to my nose in Creole, Cajun and French influences, foods, histories and atmospheres. Yep, going to Nola! Taking my mom. We're pretty excited. Marie Laveau, Jean Lafitte, voodoo, absinthe, crawdads, etoufee... just to name a fraction of it.

Oh! I finished my Poison Ivy painting a while back! Here she be:


I'm pleased with how she turned out.

Now on to the next one...

As for music, tonight I was reminded of a song that's in the show Orphan Black. It's called "Water Prayer" by Adham Shaikh, and it's the Matt the Alien Remix. It's got a good smooth feel to it, something worth dancing to. (If you're interested, the Orphan Black scene with the song is here.)

I also listened to the Nightmare Revisited album earlier. Give it a listen, if you haven't. And if you're into Nightmare Before Christmas.

Alright, one more song. This one was on an episode of Grace and Frankie. It stuck with me and still gets played rather often.
Not much else to share, even after six and a half months... Ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment