Friday, September 16, 2016

Agents of Red Hot Picture Shows

Had issues with my last post. For some reason, the font is way tiny. And every time I try to increase its size, it either stays the same or gets smaller... So I apologize if it's unreadable. We'll see how this one turns out.

Update: I'm employed! But don't get excited. Not sure if it's going to work out right now. Little pay for a job 30 minutes away. Gonna see how it pans out. I enjoy the work, and they seem pretty flexible on my schedule... We'll see.

How it happened: I got interviewed two days ago, and received a call about 2 hours later with a job offer, and a request to come in the next day to start training. Which I agreed to. So yesterday and today were my first two on-the-job-training days.

The position is Front Desk Agent at a hotel. And the whole time I'm there, I'm waiting for my moment to make Tim Roth proud. (Watch the movie Four Rooms. So great!)




Red Hot Chili Peppers came out with a new album a few months ago, and I just heard about it in the last week or so. It's called "The Getaway" and it's pretty good. What really got my attention was that it was produced by Danger Mouse. Danger Mouse was one half of Gnarls Barkley, with CeeLo Green being their other half. You probably know their song "Crazy" if nothing else. He also produced the Demon Days album by Gorillaz, which has Feel Good Inc on it. Great album (I like to listen to it when I mow the yard). But, what made him popular before all that was when he released The Grey Album. In it, he combined Jay-Z's vocals from his album The Black Album with the instrumentals from The White Album by the Beatles.  Anyway, this album marks Danger Mouse's first time with the RHCP, and he replaces the band's former producer, who had been with the Chili Peppers for 25 years - and 6 albums.

By the way, typing RHCP is dangerously close to RHPS (Rocky Horror Picture Show), so if I ever slip up either way, you now know why.

Listening to "Feel Good Inc" now... great song to groove to.

Tis all f'now. Ta-ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment