Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Geek Girl Rant

Tonight my beloved was headed to the grocery store. Asked if I wanted anything, and I requested "rum and cola." He leaves. When he returns with Kraken and RC, I almost jump his bones. Talk about above & beyond! No generic rum and store-brand cola tonight, lads and lasses.

Suicide Squad was good. VERY, VERY good soundtrack. And it was one song after another, bambambam, at least in the beginning. All stuff you've heard before. A lot of people were against Will Smith being cast as Deadshot, but I thought he did a wonderful job.

Much like Ben Affleck being cast in Batman V Superman. He was amazing. First time I've seen Batman AND Bruce Wayne portrayed beautifully by the same person.

I'm glad that DC has finally started upping their game. Marvel has kicked their asses for about a decade now, when it comes to live action movies. Sure, DC has better animated movies, but live action needs to take precedent right now. Marvel had the stand-alone movies, like the Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies and the two Fantastic Four flicks. But after that, they started MCU. Marvel Cinematic Universe. Where all the movies are connected somehow. Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Hulk...

Well. Now it's DC's turn. And they've got a pretty damn good start. Though, I feel that the character I really want to see won't make an appearance anytime soon.

...I want to see Cassandra Cain. Live action. I've wanted that ever since I read the No Man's Land storyline of the Batman comics. I truly believe she'd be a great character, if she were written correctly. Try reading the Cataclysm/No Man's Land story. Gotham City is isolated, left to fend for itself. I love this story. Huntress, Batgirl, Oracle, Joker, Two-Face...

Give it some attention. Especially the hardback novel, by Greg Rucka. Do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment