Thursday, February 19, 2015

Schooled by CruZumba!

Guess I forgot to blog that I started my new job as a substitute ParaEducator. I subbed for a full day at one school, directly followed by a half day at another, two weeks ago. Then got sick with a cold I couldn't shake for almost 2 weeks. Phlegm, sore throat, coughing, stuffy/runny nose, no voice, couldn't breathe... Also some major tooth aching, which may be attributed to the sinus pressure. (Dentist diagnosed no cavities or gum infections.)

I think my liver was quite confused for a while. "Dayquil? Acetaminophen? Wine? NyQuil? Rum? Ibuprophen? Aaagghh!"

(All within their limits and not mixed dangerously. During the tooth aching, I just wanted sleep without being woken up with pain. Wasn't sure if I wanted to drug or drunken myself.)

Alright, so, I've been catching up on Chicago Fire, and I recently saw something I consider to be one of the best things ever aired. Now bear with me here, I'll try to give you the proper background. The girl you first see is the new paramedic on the show, new to the Chicago area, and looking for a Zumba class to join. As you see, she finds this one. HE is a firefighter from the same house she works in. Obviously, as you watch, no one from the house knows about his zumba-ing. But I love their reactions upon seeing each other, especially his. Here's the vid:


I wasn't able to actually post the video, but please watch it via the above link. So worth it.

There is also a follow up link, because you can't expect people in this firehouse to keep a secret. This is the second part, which definitely makes the whole thing worthwhile. Please, please watch.


Right? So great. There is also an additional behind-the-scenes video where the crew gets out there on the floor and participates. Greatness. I'd so do Zumba with Cruz as my instructor.

At any rate, been thinking about taking up Zumba, Cruz or no Cruz. Weight loss isn't happening, so different actions need to be taken. And Zumba looks and sounds fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment