Thursday, February 26, 2015

Batty Cav's

I went to my first official dentist check-up in 10+ years the other day (only one cavity, on a wisdom tooth about to removed, score) and heard a song playing that I don't think many people know of. Not enough people, anyway. I started to hear it, and knew I recognized it, but couldn't place it for a few moments. It was "Sit Down By The Fire" by The Veils. I got into them when I watched Mr. Brooks. They have a great song towards the end, called "Vicious Traditions" which I highly recommend you listen to.

At any rate, I rarely hear their music anywhere, so it was a pleasure (and apparently a good omen) that I heard it in the dentist's office.

Started playing Batman: Arkham Asylum two days ago, at long last. I've wanted to play it forever, but never had a proper console, so I finally settled for a PC. I'm now 10% in, and face-to-face with Bane. It'll take me a few (more) times, but I'll get it. So far, every time I've been stuck somewhere, I've taken a break, done some research, tried again and moved on. (Knock on wood.) And while I'm making due with the PC controls, they're not the best. (P.S., Scarecrow is made even creepier with his Freddy Krueger-like syringe fingers.)

Been on a big Batman kick lately. Watching the Animated Series and the Dark Knight Returns (which is messed up... at least towards the end. Snapping the rest of his own... never mind. And Green Arrow's... never mind. Either you know what I'm talking about or you need to watch it), and finally playing Arkham Asylum.


No comments:

Post a Comment