Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Recent Listens and Acquisitions

Lately I've been addicted to everything Kill Bill. And since I haven't seen Vol 2 completely yet, I'm trying to stick to Vol 1 stuff. Like the soundtrack, which I love. However, I just tonight discovered that Nico Vega covered a song from the Vol 1 soundtrack. They covered Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) and it's pretty good. Though, I must say that I like the original better this time. Nancy Sinatra wins this round.

The "Peace Love Death Metal" album from the Eagles of Death Metal has been a frequent listen lately, as well. And just got some Veruca Salt. So far, I like.

The Pretty Reckless was on the radio this morning, my favorite song from them. Lead singer (Taylor Momsen) is... hold on, gotta check Wikipedia... okay... Yeah she's hot. (She's 20, 6 years younger than me.)

Someone mentioned that Lovedrug is good, so I acquired some of their material and plan to listen to it. Also got the movie Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (I hope it's good, has one of my favorite actors in it).


No comments:

Post a Comment