Monday, May 5, 2014

Looped In

So, finally watched Odd Thomas tonight. It had a very unique feel to it, very upbeat for a thriller movie. But they followed the book very well, which I'm pleased about. I enjoyed Arnold Vosloo's cameo as the darkly humorous Tom Jedd. Which likely occurred due to Stephen Sommers being the writer/director/producer. (Sommers was also involved in the Mummy movies and the first G.I. Joe movie. Vosloo was in all of those.)

I would've liked to see Elvis follow Odd like in the book. Though before I watched, I wondered how they'd do it, with having to find a proper impersonator. However, they omitted that aspect. But, I liked the respective nod they gave, with the cut-out.

They cast Odd and Stormy very, very well. They did so well with each other. While I was already rather partial to Anton Yelchin, from having known him ever since his role in Hearts In Atlantis, she was more unknown, but instantly clicked. And I approve of Willem Dafoe as Chief Porter.

That is my review of one of my two favorite novels brought to cinematic life.

No comments:

Post a Comment