Saturday, January 18, 2014

Chance

Share Time..

A long long time ago... I went to Chicago, IL on vacation with my family. I was 14 or so. We took the train there and back. While still in the city, at the station, waiting for our homebound train to call us into its holds, I sat cross-legged upon the floor, listening to my new acquisitions with my yellow RCA personal, portable disc player...

(this is what it looked like, and was my prized possession for... well, I still wish I had it. I loved it.)

...and I feel a tap upon my shoulder from behind. A boy, about my same age at the time, is there, and he points at the CD case sitting on the thigh opposite my disc player...
...and gives me a thumbs up. I grin, and turn back to my music, still grinning. And I've held onto that memory ever since.

Listening to this album now, it recalls the scene. Two people, in the midst of travel, sharing a brief connection. And it was a connection that had a small chance of occurring, based on this band's popularity compared to others at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment