Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Now Serving Transylvanians

My long-awaited parcel arrived in the mail today (after being accidentally missent to another area code). I ordered a Queens of the Stone Age flash drive that has their latest album, some artwork, and videos, along with storage for whatever I desire to put on it. AND... it's a bottle opener!


It was buy one get one, so I split the purchase with a friend of mine who too enjoys QotSA. They also sent a pin, which I attached to my purse, and a foil sticker. I have yet to decide where it'll go.

This past weekend, at least Friday night, was a blast. The aforementioned pal was holding a Rocky Horror Picture Show viewing in the theatre under his store. I'd been to one there before (and was one of two who dressed up) but this one had way more in attendance and participation. Many people dressed up. No one in the costume I choose to use, which made me both wish I had worn it, and make me feel kinda uniquely creative. Anyway, I went in early to hang out with another friend, a gal pal, who was running the store while the owner was on an outing. I hooked up my phone to the place's sound system and started DJing. Then it got crazy with people arriving and I jumped in to help her, serving up all types of ice cream treats. Scoops, shakes, floats... It may have been a bit easier without having consumed rum beforehand, but I handled it. And the customers were cool, were good with the newbie girl. Having a low-cut shirt, bending over the ice cream cooler may have helped.

Have yet to go to a Rocky Horror audience participation show and remember seeing the end. But that's alright. I've been to three, and this one has been the best so far. Shared a big comfy recliner with said gal pal during the movie.

Side note... Does the friendly French kiss-kiss on each cheek upon departure thing generally conclude with a kiss on the lips? I've since had interesting dreams.

Ah, and after... I had brought some absinthe with me. My first consumption of it. He did it interestingly... Poured a shot, lit it on fire, then mixed it with grape soda. (He says orange juice is better, but he didn't have any.)

No comments:

Post a Comment