Monday, March 11, 2013

Marching On

Pint glass collection has commenced. Didn't start with the two I intended to purchase, but that's ok. The one I shared in my last post seems to be more about Day of the Dead than pirates, so I hesitated. Might get it anyway. I just like the design.

My child got the movie Wall-E for his birthday per my suggestion (we already had it, but it was in rather poor condition). Wall-E is probably tied with Hercules and Emperor's New Groove for my favorite Disney movies... so when he wants to watch it at least once a day (no joke), I'm hesitant. I don't want to deny him what he wants, but I would like it to remain a beloved feature film of mine. Thankfully, last night, he surprised us and requested Toy Story 3.

Another story about said child... something that still warms me... the other day, he was in trouble for... well he's 4, fill in the blank. After crying out his punishment, he climbs up beside me on the couch, murmuring his apologies, and kisses me on the cheek. Now, this was extremely significant because even with goodnight or goodbye kisses on the lips, they were just puckers. Nothing that had sound. This was a smacker. The first that both me and his father knew of. And it was one of the singly greatest things ever.

Looking forward to May. For many reasons.

I've always kinda liked Martin Short, but seeing him on How I Met Your Mother has reminded me of his style of humor, and I love him. Loved him in the Father of the Bride movies, loved him as the voice of the clown in We're Back!, loved him and Steve Martin teaming up in Prince of Egypt after doing FotB movies and Three Amigos together. Need to see that last one again. However, I was never interested in his Glick character.

Had a good dinner at a favorite restaurant tonight. Good food, good drinks, good company.














No comments:

Post a Comment