Friday, October 28, 2011

Better, Stronger, Faster Fortunate Gourds

Goodbye October. You are a favorite month of mine. I apologize for not doing the tradition that takes place in your duration, but there is a pumpkin or two out there thanking their lucky seeds that they're not being massacred. I really meant to (as a semi-artist, I enjoy thinking up a design and making art out of a large vegetable) but one, I couldn't find the time and two, once I did, I saw that pumpkins are rather pricey this year.

Recently upgraded our vehicle. I feel weird, because according to some guy at the dealership, we were the first to get this new vehicle. Gives me a sense of isolation that ours is the only one of it's kind being driven around town. Anyway, I don't really care for the shape of it (half car, half SUV?) but I love the new features. When asked what I wanted that wasn't in the old car, I immediately said "cruise control!" and now I have it. It's a blessed thing. Also, when we'd go on road trips, there was only one plug-in, and we had 2 phones, an ipod, and a gps to charge. In this upgrade, there are two plug-ins AND a usb port. Win times three. There is satellite radio, which is complimentary for 60 or 90 days (I'm taking advantage of that) and there's Bluetooth, so I can link my phone to my car and talk hands-free. Also, voice command. So much more tech-y stuff than I'm used to. It's fantastic.

Half of my weekend off has been taken away from me. In all honesty, for a legitimate reason. I just hate that I have to wait another two weeks to have a true work-free weekend. But! I have plans for those particular two days.

Looking back, I wonder how I made it through never having weekends off. I don't think I could do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment