Monday, January 18, 2016

Parts Unknown & Fondness... Always

My mom has recently gotten me interested in Anthony Bourdain. He's a chef, author, and TV personality who has a show on CNN called Parts Unknown, where he travels abroad. He eats different foods, learns and shares history lessons, discovers cultures. He's humorous at times. He's a recovered addict - of many things, apparently - but still indulges in his booze.

And this next picture reminds me of something on my bucket list I need to accomplish...
Oh yes... Oysters and stout. I missed out on an Oysters & Stout festival that was a couple hours away a year or two ago. Since then, it's been one of my top to-do's.

He has great disdain for Guy Fieri and has often ridiculed him.

I spent New Year's out of town with a couple friends. We attended a New Year's Countdown show at a comedy club (and drank too much whisky) and then saw a limited 70mm release of Quentin Tarantino's "The Hateful Eight" the next afternoon. Very good times.

Incredibly upset to hear of Alan Rickman's passing. I haven't been this affected by celebrity's death since Robin Williams. If you look at my movie collection, you can see that I sometimes collect flicks by actor, when I really like them. Alan Rickman was one of these few such actors. My collection - quite suddenly - now has an end.


Goodbye, Mr. Rickman. And thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment