Monday, November 17, 2014

Modest Pots

I tried drawing tonight. Ended in frustration. I'm not one of those people who can sketch something freehand on demand, impulse, or at all. The small amount of talent I had in high school is now nonexistent. Upsetting.

Maybe I still have an iota of capacity for writing. I still cling to it, real or imaginary.

Been listening to the We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank album by Modest Mouse lately. Other than "Steam Engenius" I love this album. For some reason I had "Spitting Venom" on my mind the other morning, so I listened to it on the way to work. Well, some of it. 'Cause it's long. Amazing album, but gotta say that "Missed The Boat" has been and still is my favorite track.

Modest Mouse has a certain art to their music videos. I just watched their Missed The Boat vid and it kinda reminded me of Float On. Both vids are good, but I think my favorites are "Ocean Breathes Salty" and "Dashboard." Here are links:



I'd love to have Modest Mouse on vinyl. Definitely their Good News For People Who Love Bad News and their We Were Dead albums. Then their The Moon And Antarctica.

Oooh, just found out something interesting. Heath Ledger wanted to direct one of their music videos, and was aiming to do "King Rat" which is a bonus track from the We Were Dead album. And Terry Gilliam was going to do the animation. This was about the same time that those two were doing The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, a flick that I unexpectedly loved. But then Heath died. Boo.

When I got home from work today, I watched some YouTube vids with my kid. One we watched was FRESH POTS!! which I love. (Watch it all, the end is funny.) I love funny Dave Grohl. That led me to some other videos of his drum solos and damn he's talented.

Mmk, I think that's it for this entry. Watch! Listen! Read!

No comments:

Post a Comment