Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Concept Art & Remembrance

The other night, I found some Batman concept art. Some of it I've seen before, but regardless, I find it to be pretty good stuff.

Michael Fassbender (the new Magneto) as the Riddler:

David Tennant (Barty Crouch... Jr!) as the Riddler:


(By the way, yeah, my favorite villain is the Riddler.)

Kristen Bell as Harley Quinn:

Rose McGowan as Poison Ivy:
 
Yep, cool stuff.

So, the death of Robin Williams has been particularly upsetting to me. I always recognized him as the artist who had a never-silent mind, who thrived in environments that allowed for his creativity to run wild. He was arguably the best in his field of expertise. But I know that for every high he could have, higher than everyone else, bursting with spirit, there was a low to equal it. I desperately wish those lows could have been less in intensity. But in the end, they won out, wore him down, however you want to consider it... There weren't enough highs. My contribution to his remembrance is the next-to-last episode of Conan O'Brien's short stint as host of The Tonight Show. He shows enormous support for Conan and understands how unjust the situation was. But he brings his best humor to the interview and... they just have fun. Please, please watch.

Robin Williams on The Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment