Thursday, July 31, 2014

As Of Late

Alright. I know my entries have been lacking. Whether or not that affects anyone negatively, I don't know. (But seriously... I doubt it. Not much to see here.)

Recent happenings:

Munched on Annie Chun's sesame seaweed snacks. The kid seems to like them as well.

Decided to get a pet (upon landlord's/lady's blessing).

(Likely a cat. While desired, I don't think we have the right schedule to be able to take proper care of a canine. That's more of a later-life goal.)

Mourned for changes around where I grew up. A family church getting torn down. Family home being moved out of and sold... Depressing.

Acquired a set of 4 margarita glasses that I paid too much for. But they're lovely and I supported my favorite handmade items marketplace.

Living for my weekends and days off. Sleeping in. Fixing up house. Random errands on my own time. Company without curfew.

Planning next year's coveted vacation.

Wept (expectedly) while reading the last quarter of Dean Koontz's book, or rather memoir, entitled "A Big Little Life" which follows he and his wife's dog Trixie's journey from their first encounter with her to their untimely and unfortunate end of time together. I read this thing in about five days, which is saying something. I've loved most of the books of his I've read, and this one was way more personal. Still had his humor in it, but I enjoyed how I was reading about his own experiences, rather than the fiction that is his usual material.

Saw that my Guy Garvey is going on a solo album venture. While I feel it'll have rather similar sound to Elbow (frontmen who go solo never seem to go to extremes), it seems a bit awkward for him to be recording without Mark, Craig, Pete and Richard on this wide of a project. 

There is a growing list of people I've love to sit down with at a quiet-ish bar and spend the evening with, with drinks of course. Leisurely evening of beverages and conversation. This list now includes:

1) Guy Garvey
2) John Grant
3) Dean Koontz
4) Gary Oldman
5) Billy Connolly
5) Meat Loaf Aday
6) Joshua Homme
7) Jeff Bridges
8) Denis Leary
9) Bryan Cranston
10) Billy Zane

Yeah, that's right. I included Billy Zane.

But, alas, these be the outlandish desires of a lonely dreamer.

To CONclude, I'll INclude a couple pics I found of Koontz and the deservedly loved Trixie.


No comments:

Post a Comment