Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Post-Vacation Post

Back from my vacation. It went well, mostly. Loved taking my child to the beach for the first time. So did he, he was devastated when we finally left. The grocery stores there carry more than the ones here do. One had an olive bar that included sun-dried tomatoes and pickled garlic cloves. And fresh-made sushi and seaweed salad... so good.

Got some Bayou rum on the way there and some craft beer from the area we stayed.

Saw family graves and learned family history... some of which is a little disturbing... Won't go into detail here.

On our way back, we splurged a bit a got a hotel with an indoor pool, for my kid to play in. Upon entering our room, he had to turn on all the lights. Then he & my mom went to the pool. I take care of some of our stuff, order our food, and turn on the tv. Find the original Halloween movie, immediately turn back off all the lights and settle in. 'Cause you can't not watch that movie in the dark. Classic.

But now I'm home. Got home around 4p last night, worked today, and am still getting thing cleaned and put away. We brought back much more than we took. (We arrived at my grandmother's and within 3 hours we needed a U-Haul to get back home.)

Good company, good food, good pics, good memories. Good trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment